Thursday, May 8, 2008

Philip Cutlip



The ubiquitous Anonymous posted under Daniel Belcher that he thought that Philip Cutlip was hotter, so I'll let readers decide. First, let me say that I've seen Philip Cutlip live and he's definitely a verifiable barihunk. The shirtless photo is from The End of an Affair, which should launch him into an exalted place in the barihunk stratosphere.

He has performeda lot of baroque opera and oratorio, but has also sung Sharpless, Harlequin (Ariadne) and barihunk fave Papageno in recent seasons.

If you want to enjoy him vocally, as well, you can hear him with the magnificent Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra in Atalanta. You can download it here and it is worth it!

http://www.philharmonia.org/download.html

9 comments:

  1. I vote for Cutlip. He's a babe!

    Also, I have the Atalanta and it is worth buying. It is absolutely brilliant. We need more Handel recordings with Nicholas McGegan at the podium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the picture is so small, but he looks pretty hot.

    I found a bunch of other Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra recordings at www.magnatune.com. Why are they not better known? They are unbelievable and clearly have good taste in baritones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's hotter? Phil, NO QUESTION. He does have about ten years on Danny, but he's way, way cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. The picture is awfully small. Surely someone can find some better, more recent ones? He's changed a lot.... How do you upload photos? It's not clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutlip is a babe. That Atalanta should be made available in general release. I downloaded a copy and it's some of the best Handel out there. Too bad it's not a video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Belcher in Houston. He looks a lot better in person.

    BTW, where do you find all these hunks? You've got my girlfriends interested in opera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Philip Cutlip is a total hottie. He can be heard next at NYC Ballet (yes Ballet) singing Ives Songs on the All American Fare Program. So gorgeous . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find a website for him. Does anyone know if he has a site? He is really quite cute. I hope that I get to sing with him some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's here in my building for Phillip Glass's "Orphee". Just ran into him, he's gorgeous and a great singer.

    ReplyDelete